Wednesday 21 March 2012

I know you are but what am I?

Almost every child since Peewee Herman was invented has said those words. They say those words as a way to deflect and insult. But do they carry more weight than that?

I think they do. I know you are but what am I? Doesn't that become a scary questions as we enter our teens and young adult lives. "What am I" it haunts us. It forces us to look at ourselves and our surroundings and come to reality. Who am I, what am I, what do I believe?

There comes a point in everyone's life when they have to choose to face themselves, their family, the God of the universe and answer those questions.
The amazing thing about the Bible, is it gives us nuggets of wisdom that can help us answer the question:

I am a child of God(John 1:12)
I am a friend of Jesus (John 15:15)
I am not a slave to sin(Romans 6:6)
I am an heir with Christ( Romans 8:17)
My body is a temple (1 Corinthians 6:19)
I am new in Christ (2 Corinthians 5:21)
I am God's good work (Ephesians 2:10)

These are a few of the things that we need to bang into our heads. I know for myself I often lose sight of who I am. Sometimes I make it up as I go along, other times I just forget and trust in other sources to find out what am I. But the Bible says it loud and clear. I know you are, because of what I am!

KC

No comments:

Post a Comment