Friday 11 May 2012

Tweet Savvy or Tweet Dumb


I just got on twitter a couple days ago. I know I seem slow to be getting on it, but there is a reason. Not very many people I know were using it. Now tons of people are.

I am still getting the hang of it and feel a little behind when it comes to figuring everything out.

The really cool thing I have found is that, I am connecting with people I otherwise wouldn't get to have regular communication with. I am talking to people who inspire me who live miles away. I am talking to youth, who otherwise I wouldn't  get a chance to talk to on a regular basis.

This is sweet, but its got me thinking. How do I communicate? Am I doing a good job? Am I behind the times? Am I ahead of people? Am I sending the right message?

Right now, I am setting up a retreat for the end of May, where we are going to a sweet camp to have a fun time and to talk about Sex and Relationship. That's pretty much how I sent it out too. But the problem is that some of my fringe students aren't interested because of the word Relationships.

Okay, so maybe this wasn't my most brilliant marketing strategy but I tried. I know in the past words like Sex getting used in a church context has got teens excited and I hoped it would win the day...but it didn't

I am now having to go to students individually to tell them that it is not just about talking about relationships and we are going to have a fun time.

So I have made my mistake. Okay, I have made yet another mistake. I hope that others can take a silly example like this one, and use it to figure out. When I want to talk to someone about something or invite them to something, how can I paint the right picture while still being authentic?

No comments:

Post a Comment