Saturday 22 December 2012

Taking a load off

I just wanted to update people on the Youth Pastor Diet. If you haven't heard of it yet, it's a competition that partially spun off because of a guest post I wrote for morethandodgeball.com
It is a 90 day challenge for youth pastors to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle. At this point collectively we have lost over 460lbs.

It is pretty amazing to see a group of men and women willing to get into better physical shape (though I am sure the money is motivating some of them).

At this point in the competition I have lose 3.5% of my body weight from the beginning. That puts me under 200lbs. Now if you know me that means lighter then when I moved to the west cost. In just 5lbs I will be lighter than Amy (my wife) has ever known me.

My weight loss journey this year has had its ups and downs but this now my highest moment. I have now lost at least 41lbs( we didn't own a scaled the first few weeks of starting the weight loss). The great thing is I have still eaten: fries,pizza,burgers,chocolate,ice cream,candy, and chips. I have made is sustainable and overall pretty fun (though Amy might tell you my flare ups of Hangrrrr have not been fun)

Hangrrrr- Anger as a result of being hungry.

I hope this inspires some of you and encourages others.

-Kyle

No comments:

Post a Comment