Friday 30 March 2012

It's all Greek to me

This week I was working on my lesson for Palm Sunday. I was stoked to talked about Jesus and his awesome entry into Jerusalem. But then it hit me, during Easter we use a ton of words like Hosanna, Blessed, Hallelujah etc etc.
It gave me a flashback to this summer when we were camping we prayed as a group then after closing it off one of my students asked me. What does 'Amen' mean. I was stunned I have never taken the time to explain something so simple to the students

So what am I doing leading through lessons about God, if the kids don't understand the words I'm saying. I recently attended a Seminary lecture given by Scot Mcknight and I as a pastor didn't understand a lot of the words. I sat with Google and Wikipedia open, I felt like and idiot.  So how do my students feel. I better put myself in their shoes.

So this weekend on top of teaching about God, I am going to make sure I teach about how to understand what we are talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment