Tuesday 3 July 2012

Breaking Away

Breaking away, the comedic drama about a boy who wants to be an amazing cyclist despite all odds. He is a no one with a passion for cycling and ends up proving himself to his family, friends and even a group of thugs.

What is so special about this movie: It is inspiring, right after watching it I wanted to go out and jump on my bike and ride. It makes me want to experience the thrill of adrenaline pumping through my veins while pedaling as hard as I can.

Breaking away to me is a symbol of how I want my life to be. I want it to be simple, I want to be passionate and I want to have a good family.

After I got it out of my system that I wanted to go for a ride, I started thinking about my spiritual life. What inspires me to be a better Christian. What would be my "Breaking Away' for my spiritual life?

Is there a movie I can watch, is there something I can read, what about listening to something?

Sure there are all of those things, but I think the most inspiring thing is to hear about people, to hear about their passion and love. True stories that show about God's love, his working and his people doing something good. That is what I want to hear.

I also want to be inspiring, so my challenge: To live a life worth telling. I can tell all the stories in the world, but will someone tell my story to inspire others at some point. I hope so! I don't know where my life journey is going, but this I know... even if I never become famous, or don't die an amazing death for my faith; I can live a life worth hearing about.

So I want to "break-away" I want to live a life worth living. 1 Corinthians 9:24

No comments:

Post a Comment